Second Storey Additions in Sydney
If you are looking for an additional room but don’t want to extend outwards, extending upwards is a cost-effective solution that also adds value to your property. By using the same structural footprint, you can often eliminate services such as concreting or bricklaying and achieve amazing results with lightweight construction so you can avoid potentially expensive ground preparation or foundation costs. Typically, most homes are structurally capable of supporting a second storey. The Just Screw It engineering team can help you assess your property’s suitability and advise on the best way forward.
Common Scenarios for Choosing a Second Storey Addition:
- Property footprint limits extensions at ground level
- Add a guest bedroom or parents retreat
- Add additional bathroom or an ensuite to complement an existing bedroom
- Add a second living space separate to the main ground floor living space
- Capitalise on district or water views